New Bloggers

Hi Everyone!

We are welcoming two new bloggers to our space. Give a big Simmons Welcome to Erin and Morgan! Below please find their soon to be added to our blog Bio’s. We look forward to their upcoming posts!

Erin: Hi everyone! I’m Erin, and this is my second semester at SLIS in the Archives Management concentration. I grew up on the North Shore of Massachusetts and yes, I do love roast beef sandwiches and drinking watered down Dunkin iced coffee. In 2020, I graduated from Emerson College with a Bachelor of Arts in Writing, Literature, and Publishing. My goal is to work in a rare book library while writing novels on the side. Right now, I am a barista at a teeny coffee shop in my hometown where I make pretty pictures out of milk and drink excessive amounts of caffeine. In my free time I like to read, play the Sims, and pickle vegetables.

Morgan: My name is Morgan, and I am in my third (and hopefully final) year of the Dual Archives/History program here at SLIS. Originally from Albany, NY, I moved to Boston after undergrad to start my master’s. I graduated from Le Moyne College in 2022 with a History and Political Science BA. My first archives experience was as a Content Analysis intern at KRIA—the Icelandic Constitutional Archives. Although this was a remote opportunity, I was still able to learn a lot about working with digital collections. Currently, I work overnight shifts as an Access Services Assistant at Boston College, where I can be found working in the stacks, handling Interlibrary Loan requests, and supervising student workers. Outside of that, I enjoy reading, writing, and visiting various museums. Right now I am in the middle of Emily Wilson’s translation of  The Odyssey