Adding to the Team

Hello everyone! We’d like to introduce our second new student blogger –Maria Reilvoa! Here is her bio. Stay tuned for her first post…coming soon!

Welcome Maria!

Hello! My name Maria, I was born and raised in a small beach town on the east coast of Florida a little over an hour away from Orlando and yes we would take field trips to Disney growing up (also to Medieval Times, which is a personal favorite, it’s basically a year-round Renaissance festival-Huzzah!). But I am trading in hurricanes for nor’easters and ready to brave the winter wearing ever article of clothing I own!

I am currently in my first semester at Simmons studying for my LIS degree with a concentration in cultural heritage informatics. My educational background is in Arts Administration and I love all things historical! Which is one of the reasons I wanted to attend Simmons in Boston. I’m eager to start exploring all the fun history Boston has to offer as well as all the great sights and eats (pastries from the north end, anyone?)!

When I’m not in class or working in the SLIS admissions office, I’m out exploring my neighborhood of Brighton to find the best coffee shop, chinese takeout, and 24-hour convenience store, which are all very important parts of the grad school lifestyle. I also love going into the city with my roomies to catch a movie, walk around Beacon Hill pointing out the cutest flower boxes, or just relaxing on the Boston Common, specifically to watch all the cute dogs.