Free Time

This week was blissfully uneventful. Mostly, I stuck to my routine. I had class (for the last time this year), volunteered in the library at the Boston Arts Academy, and finished my internship. Things happened that were outside of my routine too. I interviewed for jobs and internships for the new year, which was both stressful and exciting. (I won’t tell you which ones, because I don’t want to jinx it.) I also went to a holiday party at my friend Meaghan’s apartment and went to the movies and out for dinner with my roommate to celebrate the end of the school year.

On a more productive note, with all my newfound free time, I ran dozens of errands I’ve been procrastinating, so my eyebrows now don’t resemble Frida Kahlo’s and my wardrobe is newly expanded with clothes I finally got dry-cleaned. On top of that, I checked out a lot of books from Beatley Library (Simmons College Library) to read over the break. Currently, I’m in the middle of The Night Circus, a fantasy novel by Erin Morgenstern. I love a plot involving competition and rivalry! It’s really exciting.

On Wednesday I leave to visit my family in Miami, Florida. I haven’t been home for the holidays in six years, so I’m happy to have the opportunity to go. I’m going to be staying in my family’s house for two whole weeks. That seems like a long time, so I’m a little nervous. I’ll let you know how it goes. It’s around 70 degrees there right now, and my dad keeps talking about how cold it is, which makes me laugh, because it’s literally freezing right now in Boston.

FLXMAS.jpeg