Wrapping up the Semester

It has been a chaotic semester for me, but this week marks the end of my first year as a graduate student at Simmons! It is hard to believe that just eight months ago I packed up my life and moved almost 3,000 miles away from home, but I wouldn’t change a single thing about my first year at Simmons.

While I am filled with stress in finishing up my last project and papers, I cannot wait for the fun activities we have planned in class this week. I am about to submit my final LibGuide for LIS 407: Information Sources and Services, where I created a research guide intended for anyone looking to plan a trip to my home area of California’s Central Coast! Last week in that class we had a huge potluck where everyone in the class contributed so we had so many wonderful treats for our last session. This week, for LIS 438: Introduction to Archival Theory and Practice, we get to take a trip to visit the Massachusetts Historical Society which is located really close to campus. I am looking forward to this trip alot and am very grateful that my professor was able to set up such a cool opportunity for us. Finally my history course, Decolonizing the Archive, is meeting at a fun location off campus where we can all get together and discuss our final paper topics and some final thoughts for the class.

Ultimately, finals are stressful but I have so much to look forward to this week! It definitely makes all of the hard work worth it when my professors are so responsive to any questions I have or submissions I turn in at the end of the semester. I can’t wait to see what summer in Boston looks like!!