The World Has Changed

I’m writing this blog post on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 (Happy St. Patrick’s Day!) and the world has certainly changed since my last post.  Things could completely change between me writing this and this getting posted–who knows?!  COVID-19 has been declared a pandemic, and it is still going strong.   Schools have closed, restaurants and bars have closed to the public and are doing take out and delivery only, and many universities, including Simmons , have transitioned to online learning for the rest of the semester.  Many people are now working remotely, and social distancing is now the new norm. 

If you are social distancing, under quarantine, working remotely, transitioning to online classes, or just simply need to take a break and relax for a few minutes, here are some of the things that I’ve been reading and watching lately as an escape.  Some are new favorites, some are old standbys, but they bring a smile to my face, and I hope maybe one of them will help you! 

READ:

• See what’s available in an eBook from your library!  You don’t have to leave your house to download and read!  My recommendations:

WATCH (TV):

• Schitt’s Creek
  • Derry Girls
  • Good Omens
  • The Good Place
  • Parks and Recreation
  • John Mulaney: Kid Gorgeous at Radio City
  • Planet Earth
  • Salt Fat Acid Heat
  • Chef’s Table
  • Miracle Workers

ONLINE

I also want to take this moment to reiterate what you’ve probably already heard a million times already–but be sure to pay attention to what public health officials and places like the CDC and the WHO are saying about COVID-19.  Please wash your hands, practice social distancing, and try and stay home as much as possible.  We’re all in this together! 

Be safe, be strong, and be healthy!