Spring Is Here!

Spring is here!  The birds are chirping, flowers are starting to bloom, and most importantly, it is not cold outside!  There is still (still!) a pile of snow in my yard that refuses to melt, but I think it is on its way out.  With the weather getting warmer, it makes me think about how close the end of the semester is.  We’re in Week 12!  Where has all the time gone?  It feels like we just started! 

I think a part of the reason why this semester has flown by so fast is because I’ve been so busy.   I usually try and take time to relax, and lift my head out of my books, but I haven’t been doing that lately as my schedule has been getting more intense.  The busier I am, and the more stressed I am, the faster time seems to go (even though it really isn’t moving quicker).  I really should work harder on scheduling time for relaxation–at the beginning of each semester I start out strong and schedule time for studying and relaxing, but towards the end of the semester, I’m not as good about that scheduled relaxation time.  I’m thinking of making a mid-year resolution to have dedicated time each weekend to get out and do something fun–that way if I can’t build relaxation time into the week because I’m busy, then at least I’ll have that.  The end of the semester is always a busy time, and I still have two big assignments due–one individual and the big group Committee project.  As much as I’ve enjoyed this class and all of the projects and assignments because they are so interesting and relevant, I’ve never liked the last few weeks of any semester (in high school, college, or grad school) because of all of the stress that comes with it.  

As this semester draws to a close, I’m starting to think about the semesters ahead.  Since my last post, Fall 2019 Registration has happened!  When I last spoke about registration, I had selected a class for Summer 2019 Registration that I was hoping to get in to (LIS 404: Principles of Management), and I was able to get a seat in the class!  For Fall 2019 Registration, I hadn’t selected a class at the time.  There was a wealth of possibilities to choose from!  I ultimately ended up choosing LIS 421: Social Informatics.  Both classes are online classes and I’m really happy that I was able to register for all them both.   I still want to take an in-person class sometime!  However, with the way my job is right now, I think online classes are the way to go–but I’m keeping my eyes open for a Saturday class or a blended class at the Boston campus!