Stress

Remember when I wrote about being a bit bored on spring break?  I knew that would come back to haunt me.  It’s been super busy lately and I could use some of that free time!  It’s been crazy at work and the past few weeks have been exhausting.  All I want to do when I get home is sit on my sofa and relax, and I can’t right now.  But what I can do is be a little more flexible about my study schedule to make sure I don’t get too overwhelmed. 

Up to this point I’ve been getting most of my work done during the week.  The main reason for this is because I hate procrastinating, but the other reason is because I need my down time.  I can’t work for hours or days in a row with no break.  I know some people can do this, but I am not one of them.  I get too stressed out and my brain turns to mush.  It’s really important for me to spend most of my weekends doing things other than schoolwork.  It refreshes my mind and gives me more focus for the new week. 

But things are so crazy now that I need to adjust this schedule.  I’ve cut down my daily studying time a bit and am doing more on the weekends.  This gives me the time to study and to wind down after a stressful day at work.  It’s pretty easy to get burned out, and I don’t want that.  So while I don’t love the idea of giving up some of my weekend time, I know that being flexible about things like study time and break time will make things easier for me in the long run.  With the end of the semester coming up, this is especially important, because I have a lot to get done.  I’m sure I’ll change my schedule again at some point to make sure I get everything done.  But knowing I can adapt to deal with the stress is empowering.  It makes me a better student, and a happier one.