And We’re Back!

Happy 2019 everyone!  The Fall 2018 semester wrapped up a little over a month ago and school is officially back in session.  Additionally, because I work in an academic library, I got almost three weeks off of work because of the intersession.  I must say, as much as I love school and work and libraries, it was nice to not think about any of that for a few weeks. 

So, what did I do during my time off?  I had such grand plans for my break, because I wasn’t going to have any homework, and I wasn’t going to be at work, and I had a nice solid chunk of time off where I could actually do things and go places.  However, absolutely none of my plans came to fruition.  I did absolutely nothing over my break and it was wonderful.   I have no regrets.  I did see Mary Poppins Returns if that counts as doing something, but aside from that, I really just spent most of my time hanging out at home in my pajamas reading, watching TV, and desperately trying to get my sleep schedule back on track.  Even though I didn’t do much over my break, I think I needed to take this time to relax, recharge, and get ready for the new semester.  

Anyways, as I mentioned, the Spring 2019 semester has now officially started!  I feel ready to go and take on the world of LIS 451: Academic Libraries!  I’m really excited for this class.  Unlike previous semesters, I’m not as nervous going in to this class (although my textbook has not arrived yet, which is slightly concerning).  My first semester at SLIS, I was nervous yet very excited going in because I didn’t know what to expect. It was an online class (which I was somewhat apprehensive about but have since learned to love and appreciate the benefits of) and I was starting the great new adventure of grad school as well as the new adventure of living in Massachusetts.  My second semester at SLIS I was nervous going in because I was taking a summer class, and therefore it was a shortened timeframe.  My third semester at SLIS I was extremely nervous going in because I was taking a technology class and as you know, I didn’t know that much about coding or programming.  This time around, I’m not worried about the online format, and it’s not a shortened time frame, and I’ve since gained some new technology skills.  I have a few classes under my belt, I work in an academic library so I have a bit of work experience that I’m bringing to the table, and I can’t wait to get started!  This is my first elective at SLIS and I’m very excited for this semester! I’ll keep you posted on my progress!