A Whirlwind of Activity

Oh my goodness the past two weeks have been a whirlwind of activity!  So many things have happened!  I flew to North Carolina to be a bridesmaid in a good friend’s wedding, which was very exciting.  I have been to several weddings, especially in the past year, but I’ve never actually participated in one, so it was a new experience for me.  I was so thrilled for the couple, I’ve known the bride for ten years and she is one of my best friends, and it was my first time back to North Carolina since I’ve started at Simmons.  I completely forgot how hot it is in October in North Carolina!  It was about 90 degrees and extremely humid every single day I was there.

Additionally, while I was at the wedding, I met someone who was considering pursuing their Master’s in Library and Information Science.  It’s really funny, at the past three weddings I’ve been to, I’ve either met someone who has gone to Simmons SLIS, someone who works in the LIS field, or now, someone who is considering joining the field.  It really is a small world, and one I am so grateful to be a part of.  I was able to tell the person all the wonderful things I’ve learned and absorbed since starting at Simmons, and hopefully they will enjoy this profession and program as much as I have.  

I had a wonderful time, and I really enjoyed going back to North Carolina.  None of this would have been possible had I not been taking an online class (LIS 488- Technology for Information Professionals) this fall.   I know I’ve said it before, and I probably will probably say it again, but online classes really do give you the convenience of being able to do your work from anywhere there is a WiFi connection.  Simmons gives you the option of taking classes in a variety of formats, and I look forward to exploring them all. 

PS: Welcome to Simmons and to the blog Katie and Maria!!!!