Surprising Myself and Time Management

The third week of my fall class (LIS 488: Technology for Information Professionals) just started, and things are going much better than I thought they would.  I’ve mentioned several times before how nervous I was for this class because of how technology focused it is, but things have been going really well so far.  I’ve really stepped up my time management skills and have devoted at least two hours a night to working on the material for this class, whether it be the readings, lectures, note-taking, labs, or other assignments.  A part of the reason why I’ve been doing this is because I learned from the accelerated nature of the class I took this summer, and because of my overall apprehensiveness regarding the material for the class.  Due to the way I’ve been managing my time for this class I’ve been finishing my weekly labs well in advance of the due date.  However, this week we’re starting HTML, so I’m a bit nervous, but I’m hoping that I’ll continue to surprise myself with my technology skills. 

The next two weeks are going to be a bit more stressful for me because one of my best friends from high school is getting married (yay!) and I’m in the wedding and I have to go to work, continue working on schoolwork, and I have to run around doing last minute errands getting stuff ready for the trip, and then next week I’m off to North Carolina for the wedding.  I’m really excited but stressed at the same time.  Balancing work, school, family, and your personal life is a delicate act that requires a lot of care and effort.  Dedicating enough time to everything can be tricky, but it can be done!