The End is Near

I have less than one week until my first semester is over.  My final project is due next Tuesday, May 1, and then I am done with my first semester at Simmons.  I’m happy, stressed, excited, and terrified all at the same time because it’s crunch time and I’m working away on my project and I can see my deadline looming closer but I know I have a break coming up (until my summer class starts).

This semester has gone by so fast and I’m so proud of the work I’ve done and all of the new skills I’ve acquired.  In just this one class, I’ve learned how to conduct reference interviews, I’ve learned about ready reference sources, I’ve learned about ethics and professional standards in the library and archives industries, I’ve learned a variety of new search strategies and techniques for databases and web sources, I’ve learned about evaluating information and resources, I’ve learned how to plan and create a basic instruction session, I’ve learned about making LibGuides, and so much more!  I think I picked the picked the perfect class to start with as it has given me such a great foundation to continue to build on during my time at Simmons, and all the skills I learned will be useful throughout my time here, and during my career.  If all my classes at Simmons are like this, I will be so prepared for my career.