Not Much Happenin’ Here…Or Is There?

I’ve got to be honest…I am struggling with this blog post this week. I usually like to post about fun activities or cool experiences I’ve had in the past week. But this week has, thus far, been pretty event-less. I began the semester, and I started binge-watching episodes of Veronica Mars, which I would never have discovered if it hadn’t been for my professor including the first episode on our syllabus “reading” list. For that I am very grateful!

But honestly, what do I write about in the doldrums of January? It’s not yet Valentine’s Day, I don’t have any papers to stress over, I still have a relatively firm handle on my homework load. I’m kind of coasting right now, and that doesn’t make for very interesting blogging. My apologies.

***A few hours and a few snacks later***

Alright, I’ve thought of something! Aren’t you relieved? Today’s post is for those of you who, like myself, feel like they are drifting through their first few weeks of the semester. Enough is enough! Time to shake up our lives! And I have found three local places that are just the cure for our rutted routines.

1)      Boston Swing Central

http://www.bostonswingcentral.org/

This awesome swing dance club sponsors open dance nights a couple times a month. Bring a partner or fly solo…it doesn’t matter. Everybody dances with everybody. And if you’ve never danced before, no problem! They offer a lesson before the band begins, and they welcome all skill levels. If you can count to three, trust me, you can swing dance! It is so fun, and it’s a great way to meet some very cool people. Prices depend on the featured band of the night, but they don’t really go above $20 (and every price has a cheaper student rate as well). Bring your friends and hit the dance floor for a fresh night out.

2)      AirCraft Aerial Arts

http://aircraftaerialarts.com/

Have you ever gone to the circus and wished you could try some of those high-flying stunts? Now’s your chance! With a huge variety of classes to get you into the air, this place has something for everyone’s comfort level. A friend of mine loved it so much she got a certification to teach her own aerial fitness and yoga class! It’s definitely more exciting than the treadmill!

3)      A Whole Bunch Else…

https://www.jumpshell.com/posts/things-to-do-in-boston

Number three on the list is a bit of a cop-out, but I found a website recently that list “44 Unconventional Things to Do in Boston”, and there were so many cool ones that I just couldn’t pick one to show you. Some of my favorites include a visit to Bodega, what appears to be a dingy convenience store until you step on a secret tile in the floor (seriously!) and step through a secret passage to a high-end shoe store in the back, and the “mapparium”, a giant, hollow stained-glass globe of the world that you can walk through.

Our city is full of vibrant opportunities to try something new…so let’s break out of those winter doldrums and go find an adventure 🙂