Relax

We have six weeks of school left.

Not even six weeks! Because of Thanksgiving, we more or less have five weeks of school left!

I’m at the point in the semester where all my group projects are looming in November, and I have three research papers to do, and I still have to figure out what the heck a pathfinder even is, but for some reason I’m not that stressed out about it.

I think a huge part of the reason why I’m not stressed out is because for me reading is a de-stressing activity. So even when I have to read novels for homework, my brain can’t disassociate from the de-stressing. I love reading. So I love doing my homework.

I almost forgot to write this blog post because I got too engrossed in Beverly Cleary’s Fifteen. Even though I had some issues with the text, the mere act of reading it made me calm.

So in this high stress time, remember what makes you calm. Maybe it’s taking a break and just sipping on some tea or coffee. Maybe it’s taking the hour to watch How to Get Away with Murder (is anyone else obsessed??). Maybe it’s having froyo at Meyers Cafe with some classmates. Just remember to take some time to de-stress. There’s no point in getting an all A degree, if you leave school a nervous wreck. Take care of yourself.

All the Best – Hayley