(Not) A Lazy Summer

When I look out my window, I find it hard to believe that less than three months ago, there was still snow on the ground. Not only that, but it felt like the winter of 2013/2014 was never going to vacate the Boston area. And yet, here we are; the sun is out in full force and people are starting to gather in any air conditioned space that they can find. However, considering just how unbearably cold the first half of the year was, I won’t be complaining about the heat anytime soon. But if the city gets hit with another heat wave like it did last July, well, let’s just say that you will most likely be able to find me sitting at a table inside JP Licks.
Speaking of summer, this one will be my first ever as a resident of Boston! But just like my last few summers back home in Long Island, I will be spending the bulk of this summer tucked away inside, either at work at the BPL or in a law library on Atlantic Av. Oh, and at Simmons as well. Yea, that’s right, SIMMONS! 
Call me crazy, but I’m the type of person who likes to have things to do. While it’s true that I now have two jobs to occupy my time, I still felt that there was something else that I could be doing this summer. And since I mastered knitting and crocheting over the last two summers, I decided to try going back to school. After experiencing a long break last summer between graduating undergrad and starting Simmons wherein I felt like my mind essentially turned to mush, I thought that maybe a summer class stretched over the course of the summer would be perfect for me. What did I ended up signing up for instead? A two week intensive archives class! Instead of having class one or two days a week over the course of maybe six weeks, I’m taking one class over the course of six days that meets for seven hours a pop. So much for a lazy summer. 
Well, on the bright side of things, if I can get through this, I can certainly get through anything.