Welcome Back!

Happy New Year and welcome back, GSLIS! I hope you all had a fabulous holiday and a relaxing break.
I am still in denial that the spring semester is here. Today reality sunk in and I reluctantly opened some emails from professors and GSLIS staff. I know that once I get into the swing of things, it won’t seem so scary…but right now, I am SO not ready!

I have some big things to look forward to this semester. First of all, tomorrow I am heading out to Boston with two classmates for our first course on the main campus. This is so exciting for me because I love the city and can’t wait to experience the main campus as a student and not just a visitor.

Even more exciting is that I start my new job on Monday the 28th! That’s right, folks, I got the job! I am officially the library assistant for the Health Sciences Library at St.Francis Hospital, and I couldn’t be happier. This is my first official library job and for me it marks the beginning of my career as a librarian.

I am also officially more than halfway through the program. I am on track to graduate in December 2013!
It’s going to be a great year, GSLIS. We have a lot to look forward to as a community. We are welcoming another great group of new students, we will be welcoming a new dean and the program is being tweaked and made even better for those entering in Fall 2013. I’m so glad to be a part of it all and hope you are all as excited as I am for new beginnings.