The Opposite of Rejection…I hope.

My last post about being rejected for a job I really wanted was sort of sad. Sorry about that. But really, I was depressed about that job. It sounded so cool. But that very day I was called about another job that I had completely forgot I applied for and was asked to come in for an interview. Even though I wasn’t as excited about it, I said that yes, of course I would interview.
The job is for a library assistant position at a medical library in Hartford,CT.I have worked in the medical field for three years and people constantly ask me if I want to be a medical librarian and I always say no. I don’t really enjoy my current job all that much and I’ve been dying to get OUT of the field…until I had this interview.
When I walked into the hospital I was immediately impressed. The facility is beautiful. There are restaurants and lounge areas and everyone was so friendly! I met with someone from Human Resources who explained their amazing benefits package. I was then escorted to the brand new Educational Research Center where their small but completely remodeled library is located. I met with the Head of Educational Research, the director of the library, and the reference librarian.
To make a long story short, the interview was amazing and I am in love. I am so excited about this job that it keeps me awake at night. I have no idea if I’ll get it, though I am hopeful since my interview went so well. I don’t want to count my chickens before they hatch, but I am already encouraging my boss to anticipate my departure.
This job totally caught me off guard. I wanted to share this experience with you because it is so positive compared to my disappointment with my last attempt at a library job. It is just a perfect fit. I recently had to interview a local library director for a class assignment who told me that looking for a job is more than just matching a skill set. There needs to be chemistry, a spark, a good fit. She is absolutely right, and I didn’t understand completely until I felt it. My fingers are crossed! Send me some positive vibes for good luck!